Nuffnang

Pages - Menu

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Little Joy, My New Workstation

I hail from a world where seat utilization is monitored, measured and managed. I'm used to sitting behind photocopiers, crowded areas and busy corridors. I'm used to sitting really close to a seatmate (max. 1 foot).

And so when I moved to my new work station, I nearly cried. :)



Thank heavens for everyone who made this happen (my boss and Facilities). I love the privacy, the space, the fact that I'm in a sweet corner, the distance (max. five steps away) from the restroom and pantry... I just love it! There's a bonus too... the station comes with a laptop dock. I can now stop worrying about unwanted explosions due to battery overheat. Typing also kinda feels better when the keyboard's inclined (?).

A couple of downers: I will miss my team --- but they're just a few steps away from my workstation too, so that's not a biggie. I will miss the sun --- can only see walls from my new station. But it's not as if I have a special relationship with it. For someone who works at night, sun means sleep. So... no harm done. I'm still very thankful and happy.



One last rave. Do you see the overhead cabinet? I have space for books and what-have-you's! I have a mobile pedestal (under the desk) and an overhead cabinet. I'm in heaven!



Because I am deliriously thankful, I am making a promise. I will keep this work area clean and organized - as captured in this photo. All the cleaning that I'm unable to do for our own apartment, I will channel to this kickass personal space.

Whoooopppeeeyey!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Yum-ment!