Nuffnang

Pages - Menu

Sunday, September 24, 2017

OK Cafe & The Chattahoochee River Trail


A dear friend, Monica B, took me to lunch at OK Cafe yesterday. Oh Southern cooking is the bomb! Here's my gigantic Country Steak. According to Monica, this steak is cooked Southern style --- so it's like Southern fried chicken but you have to swap chicken for juicy steak. This meal came with a free corn muffin (imagine our Kenny Rogers Roasters' muffin on steroids) and two sides. I chose Waldorf salad and black-eyed peas.

On the right side of the photo, you will see the killer southern pimento cheese spread served with crackers. My Filipino readers, it did not taste like Cheez Whiz pimento at all. At all!






























While I was fighting the southern food coma, Monica asked me for any place in Atlanta that I'd like to visit. Now, I'm a simple, poor, girl, with simple dreams. So. Lakeside hike. Monica, the learned traveler, gracious host, and skilled tour guide, immediately knew where to go. Apparently, she frequently visits the Chattahoochee River Trail.

The nature park does not require visitors to pay entrance fees. They only ask for parking fees and dear Monica has some sort of annual membership card, so she did not need to pay.

I will not attempt to describe the beautiful place. Here are some photos from our very relaxed hike. I kept telling Monica that I will not mind doing office work in one of the viewing decks. Seriously, this is the best place to be one with everything and everyone else.

Why don't we have these views in Manila? :(


























No comments :

Post a Comment

Yum-ment!